PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
WHAT'S IN THESE TERMS?
These terms tell you the rules for using our Website www.findafamilyexpert.com (the ”Website”).
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
www.findafamilyexpert.com is a website operated by Find a Family Expert Limited ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11543355 and have our registered office at The Junction. Charles St, Horbury, Wakefield. West Yorkshire WF4 5FH. We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on 01924 663952
BY USING OUR WEBSITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Website.
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
- Our Terms and Conditions which you agree to at the point of using our services. Depending on the type of subscription you have signed up to, there may be different terms which apply and the correct set of Terms and Conditions will be supplied to you at the time.
- Our Acceptable Use Policy on our website which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our Website. When using our Website, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
WEBSITE WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OUR WEBSITE
We may update and change our Website from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities or changes in the law or applicable regulations. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR WEBSITE
We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
OUR WEBSITE IS ONLY FOR USERS IN THE UK
Our Website is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our Website is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR WEBSITE
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You may be permitted to use content pursuant to our Terms and Conditions where expressly permitted.
DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE
The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date and in many cases it is dependant upon the third party users themselves to update their own content.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
Where our Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
USER-GENERATED CONTENT IS NOT APPROVED BY US
This Website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Website, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Website do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on email@example.com.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We will not be responsible for the quality, suitability or efficacy of any of the referrals or introductions made through your use of the Services. You may be provided with information that has been provided by third party users, including in some circumstances certifications and other background checks, relating to individuals or businesses who also use our Services and we are not responsible for, and do not warrant the accuracy of any of the User Generated Content or any other information we permit to be posted onto the Website.
- We are not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, or any other loss or damage resulting from the transfer of data over communications networks and facilities, including the internet, and you acknowledge that the Services and Documentation may be subject to limitations, delays and other problems inherent in the use of such communications facilities.
- We won’t be liable to you for interruptions in the Service which we are able to resolve by performing maintenance, unless those interruptions completely prevent you from accessing the Services for thirty (30) consecutive days.
- Where you are subscribed to a free version of the Services, then the Services and the Documentation are provided to you on an "as is" basis.
In addition, the following exclusions will apply depending on whether you are a business user or a consumer user.
If you are a business user:
- Our liability to you will be set out in our standard Terms and Conditions, but we exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Website or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Our liability to you will be set out in our standard Terms and Conditions, but please note that we only provide our Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR WEBSITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Website, or to make contact with other users of our Website, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty as specifically set out in our standard Terms and Conditions. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our Website a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Website if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy
You are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content you provide and also for securing and backing up your content as we do not offer hosting or backup services as part of our business model and we will not be liable for any data you store or host with us in the event it is lost or damaged except as we express agree with you.
RIGHTS YOU ARE GRANTING TO USE MATERIAL YOU UPLOAD (USER GENERATED CONTENT LICENSES)
When you upload or post content to our Website, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- You grant to us a non-exclusive, non-transferable right, to permit use to use, copy, excerpt, disclose and access your User Generated Content that you upload during the Subscription Term in order for us to provide the Services to our Users.
- You grant to our Users a non-exclusive, non-transferable right, to permit third party Users of our Website, and other visitors as the case may be from time to time, to use, copy and access your User Generated Content that you upload during the Subscription Term in accordance with the relevant provision of Services to those Users.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
RULES ABOUT LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Website in any Website that is not owned by you.
Our Website must not be framed on any other Website, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The Website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Website other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHICH COUNTRY'S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?